Important information for all applicants (Download Laissez-passer application Form)
A “laissez-passer” is a travel document issued by the Cameroonian Embassy to citizens who hold a passport not valid in Cameroon and/or issued by a Government not recognized by the Cameroon Government.
Eligibility You will need to apply for a “Laissez-Passer” at the Cameroonian Embassy and then apply for your visa (the Cameroonian visa will be stamped on the “Laissez-Passer”, not in your passport)
How to apply for a LAISSEZ-PASSER
- No Laissez-Passer will be processed by mail or through a third party. All the documents must be hand delivered to the Consulate and picked up in person.
- No walk-ins are accepted. Please first call for an appointment.
- All applicants must be resident within the Embassy’s jurisdiction i.e The Netherlands.
- “Laissez-passer” forms should be downloaded from this website and properly filled out and duly signed.
- Whenever applicable, applicant(s) under 18 years of age must provide their parents’ signature or their legal guardians’ authorization to travel to and from Cameroon (death certificates, divorce decree and other judicial documents are accepted as proof of guardianship). The Embassy will accept as proof of authorization the application form signed in person by both parents or by legal guardians. If one of the parents cannot come in person, the Embassy accepts a signed application form or a letter of consent authorizing the minor to travel to and from Cameroon. In any case, the signature must be notarized by a Notary Public and the notary’ signature must be certified prior to be presented at the Consulate.
- Round-Trip or one way Ticket: Copy of the round-trip or one way ticket, e-ticket or e-booking. You can also present a signed letter from the carrier or travel agent, on their letterhead, with the itinerary, name(s) of the passenger(s), flight number, name of the company and dates of arrival in and departure from Cameroon. If you are an airline employee, you must present a copy of your airline I.D. card and a letter from the airline, on its letterhead, with the itinerary.
- Laissez-passer fee: (Contact Embassy). All payments are in cash.
- One recent photo, passport size, in color or black and white. Photocopies, instant photos from vending machines, snapshots – and scanned photos are not accepted.
- Proof of residence. Proof of legal residency in the Netherlands such as your passport, National ID, Old passport if expired.
- Whenever applicable, a vaccination certificate. In case you have to take a yellow fever vaccine, note that, the Yellow Fever shot must always occur at least 10 days before the applicant travels to Cameroon.
- A consular card issued by the Embassy of Cameroon in The Hague
- An attestation of loss of your Cameroonian passport duly legalized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs;