Marriage Certificate (Acte de Marriage) can be issued by the consular service at the Embassy. To obtain a copy of marriage certificate, an application form must be completed and returned to the Embassy of the Republic of Cameroon, The Hague together with a fee. (See list of fees under the Passport menu under Consular Services. Also contact the Embassy for specifications and more details. Requirements for Cameroonians wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in the Netherlands
- Name at birth.
- Name after adoption (if applicable)
- Certificate of single status or proof of celibacy
- A copy of a valid identification of the requester, such as a driver’s license, National ID, or passport.
- If you possess a Birth Certificate of Witness to Marriage, please enclose a copy.
- If you are requesting an amendment or correction to a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, please include certified copies of all documents appropriate for effecting the change (i.e., foreign birth certificate, marriage certificate, court ordered adoption (If applicable) or name change (Certificate of Individuality), birth certificates of adopting or legitimating parents, etc).
Requirements for a non-Cameroonian who wishes to conduct a marriage ceremony in Cameroon. Non-Cameroonian parties wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Cameroon are required to produce the following documents:
- Birth certificates
- Valid passports
- Decree Absolutes (if divorced)
- Death certificate (if widowed)
- Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a Solicitor’s/Notary Public’s office, or a Certificate of single status, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry or remarry. This should bear the solicitor’s signature and official stamp.
- Parental consent in form of legal document for persons below twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residence Permit or visa in Cameroon for at least a month.
For special circumstances, consult the consular section for advice. NOTE: Only Civil Marriages are conducted by the Embassy of the Republic of Cameroon in the Hague. In case of Religious marriages e.g. Christian, Muslim or Jewish, please consult your faith authorities for guidance. SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST TO: Embassy of the Republic of Cameroon Amaliastraat 14, 2514 JC The Hague The Netherlands