Specialized Visits


Specialized Visits

a) Journalist and Cinematographers:

Documents required:

  1. National passport, valid at least for six (6) months
  2. One fully filled application form and one passport-size photograph (black and white or colour)
  3. Travel Booking declaration from a travel agency or an e-ticket
  4. If you travel by car: “carnet de passages en douane” and international insurance valid in Cameroon.(Carnet de Passages en Douane(CPD) is a customs document that allows travelers to temporarily import their motor vehicles into a country without having to leave a cash deposit at the border).
  5. Photocopy of vaccination against yellow fever
  6. Attestation from a Dutch University and an invitation/admission letter from a university in Cameroon
  7. Proof of income or financial support: Bank statement (with A minimum of 1,000 euros Balance);  a certificate of lodging; salary statement, or a credit card with sufficient funds (except for travel agents/tour operators organizing travel).
  8. A parental authorization together with identity documents of parents is required for any request for a minor traveling alone; with one parent or accompanied. Also attach a photocopy of the birth certificate of the minor.
  9. Hotel booking for the intended length of stay in Cameroon, or a legalized invitation letter/residential certificate from Cameroon + copy of National Identity card/Cameroonian stay of the host.
  10. Marriage certificate for mixed couples; husband/Cameroonian wife. 

In addition to the documents required for a tourist or family or business visa etc the applicant must provide: required accreditation to operate in Cameroon (Forms are available at the Embassy or download from the Ministry of Communication website.

All accreditation formalities are completed by the competent Department of the Ministry of Communication in Yaoundé.

The above conditions do not apply to amateur/tourist photography. Airports, military personnel in uniform and strategic sites may not be photographed.

b) Seamen:

The Port Police will issue authorization to seamen stopping over if they need to leave the port area. They must have ample justification.


Translate »