Birth Registration

Registering a birth overseas 

If your child is born outside Cameroon, that is, in the Netherlands you can register the birth at the Cameroonian Embassy. You do not have to do this, but if you do, your child will be given a Cameroon style birth certificate and the birth will be registered.  Also download BIRTH CERTIFICATE APPLICATION FORM HERE

What documents do you need to provide? 

To register a birth or apply for a birth certificate, you will need to provide:

  • The registration of the birth from the hospital or birth certificate from the town hall under which the child’s parents or parent reside.
  • Proof of nationality of parents or parent (Valid Passport/Birth Certificate or ID card).
  • Embassy/Consular Registration Card.
  • The duration of Application should not exceed one month after the birth of a child.
  • If one parent was born overseas or is foreign, we will still need to see their overseas birth certificate or identification papers. 

Contact the Embassy for more information.

Translate »